Sunday 5/25

Fished the Natioanl Lake Trout Derby with a buddy of mine from Friday to sunday and rather than actually get more than 4 hours of sleep I figured I would head to the big lake and meet up with a friend to get my boat out. Sunday evening we shot out to 50 FOW and set out only 3 lines since we had about an hour of dylight and once we reached 75 FOW the dipsy got smacked but as soon as we could get the road out of the holder it was gone. But at least we had a starting point for monday morning.

Monday 5/26

Shot out to 75 Fow and sent out spoons on the riggers, flasher flies on the dipsy's, and deep diving (12 to 20ft) sticks off the boards. We started a northwest troll and as soon as we hit te 90 foot mark the 90' dispsy took off with the first good King of the season. My buddy wrestled that one back to the boat and we slid the net under a 15lb king. So we reset and after a spoon swap on the rigger not even 10 minutes later we get a pop and off to the races with a 10 pound king. Reset again and another 10 minutes later the rigger pops with a 5 pound king. By now the lake status has gone from 1 footers to 4 footers and boat control while netting fish has become a problem with just the two of us so we decided to pack up. halfway through one of the longlines off the boards pops with a small steelhead to wrap things up. ended up 4 for four with a few pics. Missing one I cant seem to find but not bad for 3 hours of fishing. Good luck everyone in the coming weekend.

There was some debris up there but no where near what seneca was like.

post-149574-0-58589600-1401392048_thumb.jpg

post-149574-0-82251900-1401392056_thumb.jpg

post-149574-0-03585500-1401392071_thumb.jpg