dipseys

Last year I went to using black dipseys.I caught fish but not many more than before with green or chrome.Also using a dipsey set at zero straight backseems to work so why bother with copper.

I heard late last year that guys were having good luck on glow dipseys Anyone experienced using dipseys with outriggers?.Any imput welcome.I now have set up my boat to run two dipseys on each side conditions permiting.

• 3 weeks later...

I run four dipsys usually.  two on each side.  early in the season it was hard to get them to run shallow enough for high up walleye without getting them tangled.  I had to take the rings off and run them on very low settings with not a lot of line out.  it sucked.  I wished I had leadcore at the time.  BUT, I usually dont fish up high like that for walleye.

I am usually running my 4 dipsys for steelies, kings, lakers, coho...The ones closest to the stern on a lower setting like 2-2.5.  The ones closer to the bow on a higher setting like 3-3.5.  Always run the ones closest to the stern shallower and tighter to the boat.  The ones closest to the bow get run deeper, and farther from the boat.

You wil have to play with the amount of line out and settings based on what species you are going after, and where they are in the water column.  I dont think the color of the dispsy matters.  I only use clear ones now, but I have used black and purple as well.  The color never seamed to make a difference.

The slider weight on the back of the dipsy diver. It can be adjusted to make the diver plane to the right or left. The settings determine how far out it planes from the boat. For example: a setting between 1-2 will keep the diver planing closer to the boat...say maybe 10-20ft out from the side of the boat. A bigger setting like 2.5-3.5 will allow the dipsy to really plane far out from the boat...say like 30-40ft...way far out like your inline planer boards. The settings allow you to tweak how far out your spread is. The amount of line out and dipsy setting will both influence achievable depth as well.

If you run your inside dipsy on a wider setting than your outside one, the inside dipsy will plane out and tangle up with outside one. That's why you have to run then like I mentioned before. At least this has been my experience.