Irondequoit-Hedges Bananza! 4/5/08

Well, Jax and I launched the boat around 8am and headed straight to Shipbuilders creek. 3rd cast and WHAM! It was crazy for a while with nice healthy browns/coho/rainbows. We doubled up on 8lb Browns in the outflow of the creek. Made a run to Hedges to fish that run off and it looked great but only yielded small browns. Same with Webster park. Nothing much in that pocket of water.

Fishing was great in the morning when the waves were creating some colored water, but when the lake laid down it went gin clear and the fishing went to crap. Here are some pics. It was too fast and furious to take pics of all of them. We did close to 15 fish between the two of us.

aVL3ZdS.jpg

aVL4pFr.jpg

CIMG2813.jpg

Ricky with the first of the day on the noodle rod! BANG!

CIMG2817.jpg

These things are a blast casting!! If you havent done it, DO IT!

CIMG2819.jpg

How do you troll on a bassboat? Take note this is how you do it on the crazy yankee :shock: :shock:

Jax

Nice rod holders! :):)

Rick wasn't feeling too well while he was out with us yesterday. He never complained about our Cannon downriggers once! I think maybe he's thinking of switching back to them after seeing how incredibly fast they can pull an 8lb. ball up from 5 ft!

Nice rod holders! :):)

Rick wasn't feeling too well while he was out with us yesterday. He never complained about our Cannon downriggers once! I think maybe he's thinking of switching back to them after seeing how incredibly fast they can pull an 8lb. ball up from 5 ft!

You got a prayer! I got home and played with my Scotty's right away! Ill still rig faster than anyone with a cannon!!!!! :lol: Thanks for the ride bro! Maybe next time you can let me practice backing her in the slip to get some practice?????

Yeah, you got a prayer with that!! LOL...maybe I'll let you practice spinning it around out in the middle of the bay. You gotta walk before you can run. Thnaks for coming out with us, it was a fun day. Hope you're feeling better.

I wish they were smallmouth! Yeah, it went downhill fast when those creeks stoped pumping water out and the waves quit. We had great color and temp in front of hedges but couldnt turn much. A few skippers.