Lure making 101

Some of our dies are progressive, to a point. None of them form, we do that separate. The #4 die and the SS die I dropped off are progressive dies. They logo, and pierce during the blanking. All that's left to do is form them. Most of the other die's just blank. 

As far as plating, from what I understand that's the reason Sutton is not making lures. You can't get them plated any more around here. We used to ship to Syracuse for our plating, but we gave that up over 20 years ago. Plating silver adds about another .60-.75 to the cost of production for each lure. I still have blanks that were made for plating, but they are too thin to use without plating them. In fact, I just put them away with the rest of the stuff that will probably sit for years. It will make for interesting conversation some day when someone else is making these lures. When we purchased Kausch Lures, there were more boxes of "stuff" than there were equipment and it was neat to go thru all of it. We found some collectibles, and a lot of antique stuff. Learned a lot from it too.  

I just found this post and I had a Kausch Lure