King Slammin Olcott 8-2-14

I have only been out twice in the last 6 weeks. The fishing has been just horrible once summer set in. When my buddy texted last night i almost told him no and enjoyed sleeping in. Since he had nobody to go with i told him I was in. We left my boat at home and went out on his Starcraft. Got setup about 7:00 in 60FOW in front of microwave tower headed east. We ran a brown program with 2 riggers at 40 and 60 with free sliders, 2 wire divers out 111 and 150, a 300 copper and 7 color core.

Took our first few fish off the riggers. Hot spoons there were Candy Corn, and Carmel Dolphin. Then we got the Copper to go a couple times with the King Slammin spoon.

Switched the SD on the starboard diver out to mtn dew echip, hammer fly once the sun got higher and hit a small king. The 7 color went at the same time for a double and had a nice steelie on the other end.

Only the port diver didn't take a fish. Called it quits around noon and finished 10 for 15 with 1 king, 2 steelies and 7 browns. All but 2 small browns released to be caught another day.

I don't fish for browns from my boat as I'm always hunting for kings but I had fun today

post-149813-14070073699382_thumb.jpg

post-149813-14070077420169_thumb.jpg