Inland Guides/Non Resident Guides & Charters Get Ready To Pay!

Set the legislation, charge the fee, and the law abiding out of state captain will pay the fee, as he or she already does, concerning licensing, drug testing, liability insurances, once needed twic cards, income taxing, etc....  The costs associated with another license is really not that big of an added deal, as I see it, it would just be handed down to the client. Although, as already reported in this thread, I also believe your bigger problem revolves around a number of non-licensed captains who are bringing their people up from their home states and charging the same type of operating fee's, on a lesser scale than the licensed captain, under the table to offset their own expenses for their recreational activities. They would not pay your added out of state fee, to begin with, and there are a considerable number of boats, around Lake O, who I believe would fall into this category, my opinion. 

You are correct.

Added legislation with guaranteed fees for the law abiding people...But no guarantees of increased enforcement at all, just hopes and prayers the authorities go out there and do their job for a change. 

Those of us that are law abiding can only hope the enforcers would enforce the laws. But as we all know that will not happen, but the new laws look great on paper..

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

So, I heard about this topic over the weekend. I can only hope it gets shot down in. It's not enough to keep the out of staters from coming into NY and guiding/chartering, and it puts one more thing on the guys from NY to have to follow and pay for. I'm not a fan of out of state captains and guides who come up and under cut, but there are some legit ones that I've made friends with over the years who charge the same rates as everyone else. I sense more jealousy from these guys complaining, and creating these regulations, that they aren't getting as many trips as they want and they are pointing fingers.