Squeezed in my first Lake O. run of the season early this morning with Dan. Had rods in the water at 6:00 am in front of Braddock's Bay for a brown trout program, only to find very clear inshore water. Not wanting to waste time in a seemingly futile effort, we opted to go into search mode and head to deeper waters. In around 90 fow. we had a couple marks near the surface and the eastern horizon showed a few boats east of us. We were initially had 39.0 degree water at 90 fow, but as we headed east we found a bit of color and 42-44 degree water in 150-180 fow. We kicked the skunk out of the boat in 138 fow. as slender steelie took a spoon I had set 18 ft. down on the rigger. A while later as more boats showed up for the dance, we managed a C.C.C. (Cookie Cutter Coho) at 25 ft. down on a Poonie Spoon and later on another one off of a stickbait off the boards. At around 9:30 we called it quits to keep the wives happy ;) Beauty of a morning to be on the water. Definitely looks like things are shaping up in that 150-180 ft. water. Around 20 boats in that general area by the time we left. All of them had LOC Derby on the mind I'm sure as that starts this week I believe.

steely.jpg

dancoho.jpg

coho2.jpg