Canandaigua - west shore

Sk8man

Just drove along West Lake road on way home from town and there is a lot of open water along the shoreline...Butler is totally open out quite a ways. Sucker Brook is also flowing real good going toward the launch. :P

Edited by Sk8man

It remain s to be seen Jason.  If a significant open water area is created and the wind continues the ice could really deteriorate. I was out on it at the south end yesterday and there were some "funky" spots when we came off of 8 inches of ice last night. I believe it was my last time of ice fishing for the season at this point.  The ice can be thick enough but "rotten" in spots that are hard to detect. Once areas open up it is in large part up to wind direction and speed in terms of when it clears.

Thanks les,

Not sounding as if we can fish it by then. Our meeting is the second Wednesday of April. following weekend is the first touny.  I imagine we will motion and vote on it then. Not sounding like it's a possibility to fish by then and sounds more like we will move it. Possibly we should reconsider our early season schedule as a result. 2 years in a row now we have had to move it.