Cannon Mag 10 question

I bought 2 Cannon Mag 10 riggers last fall on Craigslist and just put them on my rigger board.

Once wired to the battery I tried them out and am confused about the up/down/auto off switch.

I have to hold the switch down to lower the weight.

I also have to hold the switch up to raise it. (I thought it would stay up and keep coming up to the boom then shut off via the circuit breaker.)

(I'm doing all this on the trailer in the driveway.)

Am I doing something wrong or is the switch broken? (Does the ball need to be in the water to keep the rigger going up?)

I pulled the switch out and checked it with a VOM and it definitely needs to be held 'up' to keep the connection made. Is that right?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do these riggers have "shortstop" Mag 10's were produced with and without. Should have a circuit board in the case if they do. Also, these pcb's are real fussy and were susceptable to not working. The ball also has to be in the water to complete the circuit. give it a try at the dock.

Steve

Thanks for the response. Yep - I have the model with stop-short and didn't understand that the cable needs to be in the water. I keep learning something new every day -- sometimes it even helps catch a few fish!

Good luck!