Downrigger mould

If your just going to make your own and not going to sell a lot of them the cost to have a mold machined out is a lot of money, you probably could buy a life time of weights before the mold paid for itself, unless you loose a few sets a year, I just purchased a set of 12# torpedos from TroutMan, lead is $10.00 a pound here at the scrap yards so it cost me $75.00 shipped to the house so $24.00 in lead and I think it was $15.00 in shipping and just say probably $3.00 in gas per set of weights so he made $30.00 plus had to do the work and package them up, takes a lot thirty dollar bills to pay for that mold. Unless you can pick one up used that would offset the price a lot. Good luck with whatever way you choose to go.

Pap and Jason are right save yourself some headaches too because when you are melting lead you want to be outdoors etc. Rich's (bikinibottom) weights are definitely the way to go and they are far superior to the ones you can do yourself more expensively. Troutman 87 (Harvey) also makes some great torpedo weights. I made my own for years and take my word for it it is not worth the effort or expense to mess with on a small scale for personal use.

Rich's email address:

Email address is [email protected]

Harvey O'Hara's phone number:

Troutman 87's phone number is 607 535 2390

They are both great guys to deal with.
Edited by Sk8man

Is Harvey still around this site. I IM'd him about getting some weights and haven't heard back.

Yea, he's around I just received my weights a week ago.