Garmin customer service

Is outstanding! I was able to track down an echomap 70dv and 70s to network together with the GCV10. When I tested out the units after I was able to install them, the 70dv had a pair of horizontal lines running through the screen. The unit worked fine but I thought it was a bit annoying to have this issue out of the box so I called garmin. They had me troubleshoot a couple things like grounding the unit and trying an alternate power source but nothing worked. They said they were out of any new 70dv units since they were discontinued but had refurbished units they could substitute if the troubleshooting didnt work.

When I called them back, I was just expecting to do a swap with a refurbished unit and I was completely fine with that. The rep told me they were out of both new and refurbished units. He offered me an 'upgrade' to the new 73dv unit. I explained to him I had also bought the GCV10 and specifically chose these units for the networking ability which the new units lacked. I told him the closest model with networking ability was the 741xs. The rep looked into it and agreed but said he had to get an ok from a supervisor since it was a $500 difference in retail price.

Next day I got a call saying that was the only option and they would ship me a new 741xs after they received my 70dv unit. Im still kind of in shock that a company would be willing to do that. Although now they got more money out of me since the 741xs has built in 2D chirp which means purchasing another transducer.