Navico thru-hull transducer

I have been looking for reviews online and I am not finding much.

I just bought a Navico B60 thru hull 50/200 transducer for my Lowrance Elite 9x. Does anyone have any insight on a Navico transducer? Most websites just use the same picture as a similar Airmar, but the price is lower on Navico.

It was fun drilling a 2 3/8" hole

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's the thing I am look forward to. It better be worth it. It seems off making a huge hole right in the bottom, but if my screen shows a 2" minnow at 300FOW, it'll be well worth it!

Also I'm using it on a garmin unit. A bit of advice. Especially if you run two units or want to. Angle the b60 to shoot a bit towards the bow. This way ya can see the fish before you're over them. It's amazing . I run two garmins now. One with a b60 and one with a transom mount. No interference at all.

Also I'm using it on a garmin unit. A bit of advice. Especially if you run two units or want to. Angle the b60 to shoot a bit towards the bow. This way ya can see the fish before you're over them. It's amazing . I run two garmins now. One with a b60 and one with a transom mount. No interference at all.

To angle to the bow a bit (if my brain isn't failing me with angles) you point the keel arrow on the top of the tramsducer towards the stern? I am going to have 2 units onboard, but was worried about the interference running 2 Lowrance units.

I wasn't going to hook up a transducer to the other unit and just use it as a GPS. The plan was using my Elite 7 as the GPS in dash and the Elite 9 as the sonar. With my little boat, it'll look pretty funny. Go big or go home, right?

As for 5200, I planned on using very generous amounts. I watched a video on YouTube of a B60 install and the guy had a pretty genius way of using painter's tape to keep the 5200 from getting all over everything. Once it is on something, it's tough to get off.

The arrow, which normally points to the keel, I pointed the arrow towards the bow, think of it this way. If it were flat, the cone would be straight down, the unit compensates, rather than pointing the cone to the dead rise of the boat it already makes it true, it's all about preference.

The arrow, which normally points to the keel, I pointed the arrow towards the bow, think of it this way. If it were flat, the cone would be straight down, the unit compensates, rather than pointing the cone to the dead rise of the boat it already makes it true, it's all about preference.

My brain failed me with angles! :P

Did you point the arrow straight forward or partially forward?

With lowrance you can run single frequencies correct? One can run 83 (or 50) and the other 200 to avoid interference? 200 gets a better picture, but in a pinch just to find bottom, 83 will suffice.

• Like 1

There are a couple pictures of the hole and after I got the transducer in. I drilled a 1/4" pilot from the inside after measuring the outside to make sure I had the right spot. The hull was nearly 2 inches thick. I used a ton of 5200 to make sure it sealed good. It is only hand tight right now because I couldn't find a big enough pair of channellocks locally. A new pair are in the way to tighten it down before it hits the water.

post-148608-14317754031541_thumb.jpg

post-148608-14317754144106_thumb.jpg

If you have 5200 on there & the treads, I wouldn't dally too long before you finish tightening it.

It's cranked down pretty tight, just wanted to snug it up a hair more. I won't be able to get more than about 1 flat on the nut. Thanks for the heads up though!