ds500x settings

Hi there,

Wondering if you guys using one of these have prefered settings when trolling in the lake.

Seem I only mark my riggers in split 50 and 200 screen but not in the 50 screen alone???

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Bruce

Yup same here on split screen. My transducer is level with the hull and I use 12 lb torpedoes. I zoom mine into the the top 100 usually unless I have down temp deeper. Faintly pickup the balls on the 200kz side very strong on the 50kz.

Oops I meant the other way strong on 200 light on 50

Edited by skipper19

Yeah, now that I look again I see the high rigger is strong on 200 and the deep one is weak. I guess the shorter distance is in the smaller part of the cone and just on the border. Where the 50kz has a stronger return on the deep set where the cone is wide and can still catch the image of the deep rigger even as it swings back farther behind the boat outside of the 200 cone. Makes sense kind of.

Edited by skipper19

if you get a chance can you look to see what settings you are using as far as gain, auto troll, fishing and sensativity as a starting point?

odd they showup on the split screen 50hz but not the 50hz full screen???

thanks,

Bruce

I'm pretty sure I use all setting in automatic gain and fishing. It is odd no ball on the full screen 50. I always use split screen for targets one will pickup the other does not. I can't say I ever run just one frequency at a time. I hate fiddling with the settings on this unit other than zoom and screen brightness I leave everything else alone and on auto. Maybe change your angle on the transducer a bit back. You should see the ball hanging when you are sitting still. Then troll speed and see where it goes. If it leaves the screen, you might need a little angle tweak on the transducer.