Docking made easy

Another great advertisement! A truly remarkable drive system! Ask yourself a question. what does it cost? How much will the annual service cost? How about part prices? These rotary thru the hull drives are major dollars! And shallow water operation? HaHaHaHa! Bump an obstruction and then what?

You notice that the docking was not conducted WITHOUT a 20 mph wind or current present. Great advertisment!

Docking boats that weigh over 5,000 lbs...26 ft++ takes practice & skill. Most persons trying it for the first time AGE five years during the experience.

And with the price of fuel today, WHO can afford a BIG boat?

Jet Boat Bill.......no props on my boat!!!

I think it looks like a really great new idea. 'Bout time someone came up with something truly new in boating. How it ends up being accepted by the public and how it ends up working in real-life situations remains to be seen. I've read some fantastic reviews about it where they HAVE conducted the tests in both currents and high winds and it's performed beautifully. I'm not about to go out and buy a new boat with the system in it, but kudos to Mercruiser for taking the initiative to make docking easier and less stressful.

• 2 weeks later...

holy crap thats fantastic. but i still think a skillful captain can dock a boat sufficiently our twin engine vessel cant go perfectly sideways but everything else we can already do so... will this make boating easier for some... absolutly but for those of us who either cant afford it or dont need it, its just a cool new invention

soon to be capt. William Holden Fishing Fanatic