The salmon were active off I-Bay in two distinct zones, 70-85 fow and 110-125 fow over the three day period. The first day we fished in the evening 5-9:00 and the other two in the morning 05:00-10:00. The bite was priimariy a rigger bite with fish taken between 35 and 75 ft. down. No real pattern on colors, but fish were taken on NK habeneros, silver/green combos and some purple/black combos. The wire divers fired early on Friday and went silent until late morning on Sunday. We took several fish in the 20# range, on Spin Doctor/Siggs combos and on a spoons. The larger fish seemed to relate more to the bottom. We marked many fish in the 35-40fow range and caught only two year olds there. We took fish from all four year classes and saw too many lampreys attached to fish to be comfortable! Bait was sporadic and noted mainly between 85 and 100 fow. We had several fish in the 10# range dive over 20 feet on the baits. We did finally manage to take a few fish on the 10 color cores off the boards, but they were far a few. We never ventured past 150 fow, as we had plenty of activity closer to home. The NW to SE troll seemed to be the best, but we did take larger fish on a SW troll when it got rougher. 2.2 to 2.7 on the SubTroll. It was only a salmon bite with no trout in sight. We saw very few boats in the three days, so you can't catch them from your living room guys! Catch a big one next time out. :lol:

Very thorough report, Thanks.

I was out Friday night and found the same. I stayed in 70-85 and got into the 2 year olds real good. Did 8 fish in about a 2 hour period between 8 and 10 pm. Even did a laker 35 over 70 that fought surprisingly hard. Anything with purple was the ticket for us. Interestingly, no sign of lampreys on any of ours.

Real quiet night to be on the water, threat of storms really must have scared people away. Never ventured out deeper because I have driven away from fish way too many times, sounds like the 3 year olds were out deeper with you. Got to test out my new spreader lights and it was like fishing in daylight. There is a sense of satisfaction when the money spent on gadgets pays off, I woulda pulled at sunset before and missed some good action.

Bumped around Sunday morning for about 90 minutes with one lost on a wire dipsey, nothing else to show.