Taking 10 yr old fishing

I am taking a 10 year old boy fishing on Cayuga Lake this coming Saturday. Will you please suggest some locations between Treman and Lansing where I can take him to catch ANY type of fish. Blue gills, sunnys, perch, .... The idea is to keep him interested in fishing. We will probably launch out of Treman in a 19 ft Alumacraft. I have all the gear for downrigging, but don't want the little guy getting bored while we drag spoons 100 feet down at 2 mph. I bought him his own pole a few weeks ago and have taken him to local ponds and streams. I think he's hooked (no pun intended). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The perch, sunnies and big gills are hitting good in 5 to 15 FOW all along the east shore, Worms with a small jig head fished with a float are working good. You might get an occasional big smallie too. Non stop action. I fished off the dock last evening and caught fish every cast.

RR

I wouldn't go south. Launch at myers and work north. The weeds havent started growing yet but the temp is perfect and fish are everywhere from the shoreline out to 30 ft. You should hammer um, Doubt you will fish much, you will be too busy with the boy! lol

RR

Spent a lot of time at Dean's Cove and Sheldrake Point the last week. The perch are EVERYWHERE. My wife, son and I caught about 30 fish Saturday. All soft bait and bright colors seemed the key (yellows and neon greens).