pump question

if i reverse the polarity on the livewell pump(outside water) will it remove water from the livewell, or do i have to use valves and piping to acomplish the need. thanks to all that respond GOD bless----rollie

:?: Why not just pull the overfill pipe and let it drain on it's own?

was not sure if it would drain, this a live well/boat seat add-on. if this is the case then i will need a over flow/ stand pipe to keep water in the livewell. it only has one hole in the bottom center and i use a cork to plug and fill it with a bucket. i do have an areation pump to keep things swimming. i have a new project boat that is in the works so while the floor is being replaced i was hoping to pipe something up to get rid of the bucket!! also need some ideas on a low budget arch to hold lights and rod holders.....thanks rollie

was not sure if it would drain, this a live well/boat seat add-on. if this is the case then i will need a over flow/ stand pipe to keep water in the livewell. it only has one hole in the bottom center and i use a cork to plug and fill it with a bucket. i do have an areation pump to keep things swimming. i have a new project boat that is in the works so while the floor is being replaced i was hoping to pipe something up to get rid of the bucket!! also need some ideas on a low budget arch to hold lights and rod holders.....thanks rollie

If the water goes out the back when you pull the plug, then just put in an overfill pipe instead of the cork. Try it when the boat's out of the water. ;)