My Favorite Downriggers are back !

For years I used Penn Fathom-Master downriggers and was very disappointed when learned that PENN discontinued these unit. Getting parts was really hard and I finally switched to CANNON uni-Trolls.

Cannons are not as good and not as reliable. I had swivel base issues, had telescopic boom failures, had dog ratchet problems.... Needless to say - I am not a big fan of Cannons...

Few days ago I came across a press release talking about Troll-Master reintroducing the Fathom-Master riggers under their brand "Seahorse" . Looks like the price is about the same as it was 10 years ago??? These are truly the best manual downriggers ever made!

I hope you guys will find it helpful - especially if you already have PENN downriggers! I am sure you will be relieved knowing that there are Parts and service for your product available now!

www.Troll-Master.com

Man, I love my cannons. Just bought my third set of electrics and had a set of manuals many years ago. Tough as nails and handle all the abuse fishing Lake O puts on them.

Yeah I have a set of Uni-trolls with the fixed 4' booms and use the 16lbs. troutman weights and never had an issue. I do get a lot of exercise some days.

The cable counter is driven directly by the spool (through some gearing inside the body)

and the shaft comes out on the opposite side from the spool. That is where the counter cup (yellow wheel with depth numbers) is mounted to the shaft.

Best regards,