Got out with a late start around ten,had to get gear oil for the lower unit,headed north trolled for two hours picked up one which we didn't even know we had?headed south by catfish trolled for awhile picked up two more for the day,two on brown trout candy one on high school,had a mixed bag out,spoons and sticks,37.8 surface temp around 15' deep were the strikes,all three cookie cutters,try again Saturday?

I was out front solo in front of Mexico yesterday too in my drift boat Giz. Electric trolling motor  battery seemed a little weak, so I was rowing a lot of the time. With the off shore breeze (s-sw), I did not want to stray too far . It felt really great to be out on Ontario open water nice and early in March.

I fished from about 9 am to a little  after noon and caught 2 and lost 1 brown. A 4lb. male and a little smaller female went in the cooler, and I grilled up a nice fillet last night. Not the greatest day, but it is a start. :)  I did hear fishing was better  in a few other areas.. Good luck to you next time out.

Edited by choo-choo