Salmon Fishing - Port Hope

Hi

I am new to the LOU forum and I live outside of Ottawa and enjoy Walleye and Trout fishing mostly. I fish the Big Rideau lake system mostly and enjoy fishing on the Rideau River and St.Laurence for Walleye. Also once a year I head to Opeongo lake and Temagami lake for a week long trout fishing trip. 

I recently bought a new to me 176 Princecraft Super pro which is fully rigged for fishing.  (115 hp Johnson, 6 hp Yamaha kicker, Canon Downriggers and new Lowrance fishfinder/GPS). I am now looking to get into some Salmon fishing once again.  In the past, I have fished out of Wellington (Scotch Bonnet Shoal) a half dozen times and once out of Cobourg or Port Hope (I forget which one). I have caught over 30lbers in both locations but this was many years ago and now that I have a bigger boat I am hoping to try some Salmon fishing again. (only heading out of course if the weather is favorable for Smaller Craft :) ). 

My setup is as follows

Okuma CW -303D Coldwater Reel & Salmon Rod

Okuma CV-30D Convector Reel & Salmon Rod

Cannon Downriggers - Rigged with 200 lbs PowerPro braided line

Some lucky spoons that I used years ago. :)

I just bought 600 yards of Trilene Big Game 25lbs test line.  I was going to rig both reels with approx. 300 yards each.  I am concerned with the fleas for both the reels and downriggers and if 300 Yards is enough line.

Does anyone see anything that I may need to tweak or any advise as I was going to head out tomorrow morning from Port Hope and try my luck.  Does anyone have any recent feedback on the fishing near Port Hope or am I just to early?  I remember many years ago heading out of Port Hope west a KM or so and dropping lines in about 100 feet of water and setting the downriggers to 60 feet.  From my reading on some of the posts the Salmon seem to be a bit deeper. 

Anyways my fingers are getting tired and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff