Oswego & Sodus report....what was hot & what was not

Fished the past two weeks out of Oswego & Sodus. Been to busy to get into specifics, but I will give a quick rundown of the two weeks & what worked for us.

I was Lucky Enuff to fish with several great fishermen over the past couple weeks. We all have a love and compassion for this great fishery and even when the fishing gets tuff....Imo Lake O still beats just about any other fishery on the east coast!

We expierenced many ups and downs as usual over the past couple weeks, but we had some great days and created some memories that will stick with me forever!! In the four events we fished, we were lucky enuff to finish 3rd, 12th, 11th and 2nd with a bonus 3rd in the east challenge cup. It was a solid team effort, with two completly different teams. Fished slightly west out of both ports, but never strayed more than 6-8 miles from either chute. Also...I think we fished deeper waters than many of the teams. I'm only guessing that by how often we were alone. Most of our fish were from 250 to 600 fow. Sometimes we really had to wait them out though. We trusted our lure selections and kept them in the water while we searched. We were rewarded last weekend though with two triples and a double.......and a lot of quiet time in between :lol:

We had a hard time getting a spoon bite, and the copper just died for me ;( I love the copper, and I just don't know what happened? Maybe 4 fish the whole time (all small ones). Riggers were hot and cold. We took our biggest fish on the rigger 131 down over 250 on a green e-chip and a TG fly. Spoons that took multiple fish were the stinger kevorkian, moonshine glow nbk & the area 51.

The dipsey was HOT, and saved our butt on several days!! A green e-chip with a green dreamweaver strong fly was out of control last week in sodus. Different settings worked at different times. Second best dipsey set up was a bloody death spinny and a purple mirage fly. Anywhere from 250 to 325 seemed to work at one time or another.

Lots of things took one fish apiece, but those were the studs the past week+ for us.

Good luck, tight lines and be safe out there the remainder of the season!!

nice report.I'll be fishing out of Hughes this weekend.the boat I observed on during the wayne pro-am didn't do so well.Sounds like the fishing might be tough with more salmon out deeper and scattered.Will prbably try for the browns early.Who knows they might be right on top,better bring the planer boards.thanks again and congrats on the nice finishes.