OK this is going to sound stupid

I bought some flies. They said thread the line in the back of the fly.....What end is the back?? I have Howies and Atomik. The howie has thread like on the head of a fly, I assume that is the back end? The atomik look symetrical but the flies have the end the material comes out, I assume that faces forward and the material plumbs back????

I'm all geared up and ready to head out, just need to pick a date. Oh yeah one more? . I spooled up with 30lb test. If I was to target browns would the 30lb test be no good? I'm thinking not because the 30lb is to keep flys off the line. So what leader should I run for Kings?, Browns?, or steelhead?. Not that I could specificlly target one or the other just yet, lol.

How about lures? I have the kings worked out but what would the browns be hitting? Top guns or anything like that?

Thanks,

Spike.

~ the back of the fly is the end where you see the mylar tied around the head, off the top of my head i think atommik uses red thread to secure their mylar.

~ As for browns we run 30 pound mono with no problems. at the end of the mono i attach a ball bearing swivle to about 3 or 4 feet of 25 pound florocarbon to a dou-lock snap. For lures i use nk 28 size and super slim size. I know many use smaller spoons than that but the 28 seemed to be what the browns wanted last weekend during the pro am. As for color i'd go with glow frog or alewive pattern.

hope this helps