Did the solo trip today ;( :x. Hit the water at 6am and headed north to 110fow and set up there. Put out the wire 160 out on#2 with a A-TOM-MIK 42nd spinny/fly set up and found out why they call it the "40 second" :shock: I no sooner set that and was putting my probe and ball on to my rigger and the wire flies :shock: :shock: I couldn't exactly drop the probe and ball so I set it to the side grab the rod and in seconds gone ;(;(. Didn't seem big at all it was really wasn't taking the line all that much.

Reset that out again and got the rigger set and the wire goes again, only this time I land it and again not very big maybe 5lbs :roll: .

Stayed inside the 150' mark and got 2 small steelies on a 42nd spoon down 83 over 135 and one on a Stinger NBK down 52 over 130 both about 5 minutes apart.

Heard on the radio that a guy "couldn't keep his lines in the water" in 80fow so I trolled that way. Got in there and couldn't get a release so I ventured back out to the 130 mark and no sooner got there and got another king about 12lbs on the 42nd spoon down 63ft. Lost one at 150ft that hit, came up and gone as soon as I saw it's fins in the distance ;( :evil:

Trolled for awhile in that area then I decided it was time to head in so I trolled back towards sandy got a decent king of about 17-18lbs on the 42nd spoon again :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . 109fow down 65ft. This one stayed down the entire time taking some line but not coming up until he was right behind the boat. Love those ones :!: He was accompanied by a nice ugly lampray of about a foot long :evil: He's no longer with us but the king is out there waiting to be caught again.

Weird day, some fish were in the 65 degree temps :?: . Watching water spouts evolve in the distance and seeing some start then go back in

:? then a full moon was starting to come out at 11:30am from an area on Jax's boat :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Finished 5 of 9 and had a fun, safe day in beautiful weather and other than the 2 fish the only thing I lost was my cleaning sponge.

Hope to get out a couple of days in the derby this week if I can find a partner before leaving for a week in NC to see my grandchildren.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THE DERBY!

Tom, Glad to see you had a good trip & got into some fish. Also glad you didn't lose anything more than the sponge this time. :D Have a safe trip to NC. ;) Headed to Oswego for a couple of days tomorrow. Make sure Ray K. doesn't hijack my name again. :D :D :D