Pull start kicker

Does it need to be grounded? 4 HP lightwin on mounting bracket. I haven't tested to see if there is voltage to the downrigger. Just installed two manuals and after a couple google searchs, I couldn't find anything specific on pull start kickers being grounded. I plan on testing with volt meter today.

I don't think I have a hot boat. Caught a lot of fish the other day in the Finger Lakes but that was with braided dipseys and wire rod never took a hit. I know my catch rate for Lakers has gone way down since I started fishing an aluminum boat compared to my small fiber glass boat. My rainbow and salmon catch rate has increased. Maybe I am over worried about it.

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a pull start kicker on my boat and I catch fish on my Penn and Cannon manual riggers. The motor is not grounded at all. Not sure about your specific setup but I wouldn't think your motor needs to be grounded.

IMG_20170630_174404.thumb.jpg.2dd397b850b1a848d59ec0d1a6217030.jpg

Is your boat fiber glass? From my understanding glass boats don't have this issue. Mine is connected directly to the haul with a mounting bracket. I got a few hits on my riggers. Maybe I don't have an issue at all. Napa was closed so I couldn't get a volt meter. Today I was to busy. I need to get a fish finder to see if fish are rising or running from my ball I guess... Old one on mine finally died. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app