Salmon/trout

Not sure where you are fishing but I've fished mexico bay threw October with mixed results. But that's all year dependent with what happens with the runs in the rivers. I am far from a lake Ontario expert though. I only get out on the big lake a few times a year at best. Fishing shallow around pier heads will be your best bet as the fall progresses. But now you will be getting in to the Combat fishing which is all in how you take it. Some like it some hate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i am no pro but here is my take i think in a couple weeks it will be down to combat trolling off the mouth of the rivers . ( not my cup of tea rather fish the finger lakes )the cold rain and weather this week will pull the salmon in fast now . there will be off shore fishing for steel heads and two year old salmon . this time off year the lake get rough fast with the weather changes. most guys start pulling their boats mid September.  

Aaron labor day weekend is usually my last trip of the year. The weather tends to get snotty alot the farther we get into September/October. The 15,16,17 I'll be up that's the latest I have ever gone up my expectations are low. Won't need to worry to much about combat fishing from the things I've heard alot of the weekend warriors don't go up after labor day. You will more than likely just be competing with the locals and charter captains

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United