LANDBOUND

i live in seneca falls, ny and am a student at the chiropractic college. im looking for places to fish from land for anything of decent size...

mostly now i fish the canal system, but ive tried about 4-5 nearby ponds/small lakes, and none have been accessible from land.

anyone out there know of any good places for anything (bass, trout, walleye, musky, pike, panfish, perch, even catfish) where i can fish from shore and get decent size fish?

im willing to drive about 30-45 min away, which is about 30 miles from seneca falls...

sending out that SOS...someone help me!! im tired of fishing the same holes over and over again with the same results!!

The Eire canal system holds some of the largest fish you will find in your area Carp. Since you have access to the canal in Seneca Falls you are in luck. You may have to try some different methods to get quantity and quality of fish though.If you would like to try I suggest you visit the American Carp Society web site. Look at the tournament results for the Northeast Regionals from the Seneca River a part of the Canal system. I visited there when it was happening. This spurred my interests and I fished there a couple of times this year catching carp close to 20Lbs. Carp have a bad rap in the USA, but the rest of the world does not. I know the canal system holds Carp close to 40lbs.

Some of the larger Finger Lakes tributaries offer some big trout in the spring. Naples and Catherine Creek

Some of the tributaries of Lake Ontario also offer good chances for big trout and salmon in the spring and fall.

I have a boat, but I still stream and pond fish during the season. Large size is not always the target, but sometime putting a plan together and catching the targeted species is just as enjoyable.

Sincerely,

georged

yeah i do fish for carp in the canal...i live about 5 min from a hole where we pull out 20lb carp regularly. my and a few friends fished in the local carp derby earlier this summer and pulled out 6 fish in about 3 hrs.

i want to get into bass fishing...but it seems its harder without a boat

trout fishing seems to be my next best bet...how far away are naples and catherine creeks?

thanks for the help georged

haha well technically im not allowed to practice without a licensed doc supervising...however i will be in the clinic this coming trimester...i could bring anyone interested in for a maintenance visit, treat you...its all free anyways to the community.

anyone with a boat and a decent eye for fish would be gladly appreciated haha