Lucky Enuff Mexico Report

Pretty tuff fishing for us last weekend....especially Sunday!! I didn't get out Monday, but I heard that was the day fishing got better :roll: .

Took an old friend out who has been having it tough at home & work, and needed a break. For three days of fishing, we only boated 8 fish & lost about the same. I kept him busy driving the boat and landing all the fish and hopefully it helped? Following are some pictorial examples supplied by Claude of how not to hold a fish for a picture :lol:

We fished mostly from the Little Salmon to the plant, staying mostly to the north west. Most of our bites were from 70 fow to 100. We did venture deeper on Sunday afternoon and took two bites (loosing both), one over 160 and one over 200. Most everything seemed to come about 60 down.

Nothing was hot for us, except for a Savant glow spoon that I don't know the name of. It was white with green and yellow dots. Most fish came on spoons, including nbk, Kevorkian, the savant and a Yeck spoon I also don't have a name for. Mostly rigger bites, with only a few on the wire & copper. Bloody death spinny and a purple mirage took a few fish on the wire, as did the white/blue spinny and a hammer fly off the 300-400 copper. I heard Mt. dew was hot, but I couldn't get it to go even once....using the wrong fly I guess? Couldn't get hardly anything that was green working either, maybe it was the 500 green echips already deployed by the 100's of boats fishing around me?

Sunday was really tuff, going 1 for 4 on an all day trip. It was our biggest King though, just over 28 lbs but a couple ounces shy for the daily loc $$. Kinda glad it was a lil shy, cause I forgot to check before filleting it.

Here is Claude with a couple of his fish ;)

aVKJeYi.jpg

aVKJIU0.jpg