Billy V Report - Sept. 6th

After we spent nearly three hours working a real slow pick East of Fair Haven we ended up pulling lines and running even further East today and ended up having a good day in 80-110 FOW. White Spinny or E-Chips pulling Sigg's White Crinkle and Glow Ghost flies off the riggers down 65-82' took the majority of our bites today, but we also took several shots on a Green Spinny/Sigg's Green Hypnotist fly and a Chartreuse E-Chip/Sigg's Mtn. Dew fly. The fish wanted it slow today: 1.6-2.0 down speed was our best speed range.

Here's a pic. Notice the much improved arm position :lol: :

DanilowskiSept62008004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunately...very poorly. Didn't have a release. Found a few fish around 60 fow and more out around 130 to 140 fow. All over the water column and tried everything I could but just couldn't get them to go....still in the early stages of the learning curve with uncooperative fish. Guess that's fishing.

would like you and your dad to come out woodcock hunting this fall if you have time....

also...I bought 30# Ande pink as per some suggestions for the summer fishing...is this still ok for the shallower fishing...put a 20-30 foot flourocarbon leader on? Need some advice as I'll try coming up again soon!!

Sorry you didn't get into the fish Linc. That 30# Ande should be fine for late season Kings. You can go with a fluoro leader if you want, or not....let the fish tell you what they want.

Would love to get out for some woodcock...just let me know the time and place and I'll get Dad here!