i have a room booked for the last 3 weeks in Oct. is there any reports on the water level or the salmon run so i can pick a week and come to up to fish. the creek is in between Rochester and 18 mile creek i don't want to say anything about the location but i no some of you regulars no what i am talking about if you can help it would be greatly appreciated thank you Joe

I'm from pa and fish the salmon river every year for salmon in Oct and in Nov we fish this creek for big brown trout, this year my partner cant fish salmon river but can fish this secret trib because of a knee replacement so the salmon river is out. so i would like to know as much as i can about the salmon run here. everyone knows about salmon river not everyone knows about ----- creek so i try to be respectful to you by not saying the name of trib to preserve this awesome fishery i just want to the best time to book a good fishing trip with my buddy later Joe

Joe,

As previously stated, there really is no secret tribs anymore. The problem is when people post reports of these tribs with #s and locations where they were fishing. Then within the next few days, usually the next day, there are guys up and down the creek and the place is hammered. The power of the internet is a blessing. You just need to be cautious when posting. When I post reports on these small tribs it goes something like, Fished a west/east trib, water conditions high/low/muddy/ice. What I was fishing and how, along with what others I talked to where doing. I feel this is plenty of information for any angler to make a game plan and go have some fun with a chance to catch a few fish. Any detailed info should be done through a pm and I would be willing to share that info if someone asked. Just my 2 cents.

As far as your question goes, if you want to fish for salmon I would say the best week would be the 2nd week in oct for any trib in the area if you only had one week. For steelhead and browns Mid november isnt a bad time to fish, plus the numbers of anglers drop off quickly once the weather gets colder and hunting season begins. Good luck in your adventures.

Tight lines,

Jay