2nd Brown run Olcott 3/29

Slow start to the morning. Gin clear. Had 2 fattys outside the pier in 19fow. Lost one AT THE BOAT....!!!!! Spit the spoon just outside net distance. Bite shut down so went back to keg and found a small patch of good water. Stuck with natural spoons and a stick here and there. Fat Nancy and 57 Chevy were the hot ones, but everything worked and we caught a bunch of smaller grade fish. 15/17 then the rain came so we pulled out. Not many pics cause the rain was steady.

Lost gear count for the day:

Downrigger ball w/release

Downrigger release

OR clip off board

4 spoons

1 bay rat

Lived to tell though.....

58309.jpeg

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Man that's a beautiful fish I always wanted to take my kids up there for browns I adopted 3 younger children a few years ago and so I sold my 18ft crestliner and bought us all a 2150sst crestliner just got the 15 how troller on working on the downriggers next . I hope I can find someone willing to teach me how to fish out there there's so much to learn and to be safe. But any way keep up the great fishing and good luck to you. 

Edited by fishindad
Didn't finish before posting

Man that's a beautiful fish I always wanted to take my kids up there for browns I adopted 3 younger children a few years ago and so I sold my 18ft crestliner and bought us all a 2150sst crestliner just got the 15 how troller on working on the downriggers next . I hope I can find someone willing to teach me how to fish out there there's so much to learn and to be safe. But any way keep up the great fishing and good luck to you. 

Would you believe me if I told you this was my 2nd brown trip,ever !?! Seriously. I've got a buddy I go with that is a weekend warrior and I've done so much reading and listening and still have a ton to learn. Yesterday's success was due to a few things. When we got out there 8-20' was "gin" clear water. You could see the bottom in 20fow. First off that's a tough bite and the program has to stay natural colors. We trolled for a bit on a slow bite and decided to find better water, or turbid greenish / dark water. We ended up at the mouth of keg creek in 8fow where the water went from gin to straight green. We immediatly were on fish with greens/copper, blue greens, bright green/orange etc. Even had one suck down a 8" firetiger rapala. Finding that green water was a day saver. We did circles in a 1/4 mile stretch and hooked up every pass on at least 1 fish. Gin clear days you gotta find the turbid water or any change in color as that's most likely where the fish are.

Trust me, I'm a rookie so I'm positive there are better teachers out there. This site is a wealth of fishing knowledge so just stay tuned. Haven't seen a question not answered here yet !

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1