2018 Tracker Targa V-18 WT setup

codybuehler

So the update on the leaky splash pan / motor well is that once I put a significant bead of submersible Goop to beasically seal this huge gap around the fuel-cap housing, I did the same test as I did in the video above - filled the pan/well with 4" of water, and we got ZERO water going into the hull.   I've seen on other models of Trackers as well as other makes of boats, typically this housing (black) is welded aluminum, not a cheap piece of nylon/plastic drilled into the hull which is why this probably isn't seen alot, but anyone who may be suspicious of their maintenance hatches leaking, maybe give this a look in their boat to make sure they don't have a 3/8" gap letting water free-flow into their hull if waves are coming into that area of the boat.   Mystery solved!!  [emoji4]

Well done!

The curse of that kind of leak also is the more water that comes in, the lower the boat sits in the water, and the more the water comes in. Glad you sealed it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 6 months later...

Happy 2022 fellow Tracker owners!!  Just thought I'd tap this post as we get closer to March and even though us Northerners have a couple of months still before open water - anyone have any big plans / mods for the boat this summer?   I still encountered water in the hull from time to time no matter how successful I thought I was last season, so we're going to hopefully get her in to the dealer and get the auto-bilge installed once and for all.  Other than that hoping for just a good performance season on the water.  I am starting to save to upgrade the graph as my son loves bass / walleye fishing so will have to start picking your brains about side scan / 360s / something a non-rich guy can look at reasonably - because after hearing what some of the panoptix systems cost - if I got one of those I might have to move into one of your basements!  lol   

Hope all is well with you all!