LOU Upgrade: Saturday November 1st, 2008

BlueEye

Hey LOU members!

Sorry to bug you again but I just wanted to give each of you a fair warning that this Saturday (November 1st, 2008) will be the official launch of the new LOU backend software. We have struggled through months of the Alpha testing and this week will be dedicated to Beta testing with the help of our great moderator staff. They have already found one BIG "opps" on the beta site........ leave it to Bob to test out all the "word censoring" filters and letting me know that I missed a couple catch phrases if you will ;)

Anyways, the main LOU site will need to be temporarily shutdown on Saturday morning as we attempt the massive database conversion. Typically in this kind of situation you don't want people writing to the DB while it is trying to transfer everything as it runs the risk of corrupting the data. Everything as you see it on the live site up until Friday night will be preserved (posts, usernames, passwords, etc.).

I will keep this message short as to not bore you. Just know that this coming Saturday the site will be shut down in the morning hours as we begin the conversion to phpBB 3.0.2 (the latest and greatest). Everything on the new site will still look and feel the exact same except there will be several new features and we will be running a much more powerful board that should help us stay stable and secure for years to come. If you are interested in seeing the new upgrades that available please click on the image below. I think you will be rather impressed at how big this upgrade really is........

Enjoy the final week on the OLD....... and get ready for the NEW.....

Upgrades Included in phpBB 3.0.2

aV1r792i.jpg

More Info on the Upgrade Coming

State of the LOU - Oct. 2008