plainer boards

billfish

Hey can any one help i put a plainer board mast on the bow of my boat . i have the supper ski boards twins and i don,t feel that they track well thay lag back to the transon. are there any better boards? thanks Bill

BF – The position of the eye where the towline attaches greatly affects how any board tracks away from the boat. Double skis have a slight tendency to tilt away from the boat a little when moving; hence the outside board is “digging†more as it sits a little deeper in the water than the inner board. By having the outer board more forward than the inner board, the eye is automatically farther back on that outer board and will help tracking

I see by your photo that the eye is extreme forward on the inner board. If the upper board were mine I'd take the connecting rods off & plug the holes. I'd then lay one on top of the other such that the outside one is about 4 inches ahead of the inside one then redrill the holes for the connecting rods. I'd then attach the eye directly under the E in "super".

If both sets of boards were mine I'd ask myself if I have "two pair of mismatched socks". i.e. Is the left one of the bottom supposed to go with the right one on the top and then the right one on the bottom go with the left one on the top?

Good luck,

Tom B.

(LongLine)