Statement from Fairhaven Mayor

To All,

I just recently finished correspondence with the Governors representative regarding modification to executive order 202.6. Below is the section reference to marinas, boatyards... that can reopen as long as social distancing and other guidelines remain in place.

“Marinas, boatyards, and recreational marine manufacturers, for ongoing marina operations and boat repair/maintenance, where such facilities adhere to strict social distancing and sanitization protocols. Use of such sites for the purposes of personal use or operation of boats or other watercraft is permissible, provided that no establishment offer chartered watercraft services or rentals. Restaurant activity at such sites are limited to take-out or delivery only.”

Although this order does not specifically mention public boat launches. My discussion with the Governors Representative for our region noted this does include public boat launches as long as they are not manned by public employees.

I will have the barriers removed today.

Again, thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding during this time.

Mayor Jim Basile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Lake Ontario United mobile app