Trying to Guesstimate my boats weight

Ronnie D

I have a 80s aluminum 19.5 Sea Nymph GLS with a 80s 70hp Merc OB. (The trailer is a << look at me not even finishing my thought. heh)I know I have seen a lot of others with this boat or close to it so I am hoping someone has already weighed theirs. I am trying to get a rough weight of the boat with the trailer. I know it would be simple enough to go hook the boat up and drag it to a weigh station somewhere but with my current schedule its not realistic.

I am looking to buy a new(to me) vehicle but I want to be sure I get something that can pull this. Anyone offer a reasonable figure for a dry weight or has anyone had theirs weighed?

Thanks

Ron

maybe this could help from NADA

Boats and Personal Watercraft

1989 SEA NYMPH

GLS195 GREAT LAKES SPEC

Outboard Boats

Length: 19'

Model Name/Description: GLS195 GREAT LAKES SPEC

Boat Type: Outboard Boats

Hull Material: Aluminum

Beam: 7' 5"

Engine: N/A

Net Weight: 1125

Outboard Motors

1987 MERCURY

2-STROKE SERIES

70ELPTO

Motor Type: Gasoline

Volts (Electric Motors): N/A

Thrust (Electric Motors): N/A

Horsepower: 70

Cylinders: 3

Start Type: Electric

Dry Weight: 265

Power Tilt and Trim: Yes

Thanks for all the quick answers!.

I found the NADA site after I posted this and guestimated on the engine.

Thats what I was afraid of.. A stock Sante Fe (one of the front runners in my research) ain't going to do it unless it has the tow package. :( (with trailer breaks its max rating is 2000). None of the CUV will do it then. I am going to have to stick to a mans vehicle especially if I ever intend to upgrade boats(yeah right... :( ). So much for better gas mileage.

Ron

have you looked at the toyota's??? 4-Runner or Tacoma???

I pulled my old 18' starcraft (aluminum, w/ 85 horse Evinrude + 10 horse Honda, some times w/ 20 gal of gas) W/ my Tacoma, 4-cyld truck, it had a 3500 lbs towing capacity. The 6 cylds jump up to a 5500 lbs towing capacity. One last thing... 200k miles on the truck, and only ever had to replace the brakes once. Besides tires and oil changes that is the only other time I put a wrench to the truck.

I have a 06 dodge magnum and it has the v6 I got 31mpg going to texas last year and get 24 city it has a 3500 towning and I pull my 16' fisher like it its not even there. I also towed a 19' sea ray two years ago and had no problem I only went about 10 miles each way but I did it all season. I also love all the room it has. :yes: