Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Was finally able to get out trolling lake O with the ps30 mounted ‘sideways’ on the transom. We would frequently see fish approach and stay right on the downrigger weights. We were running spoons and I usually put them back 20-25 feet. After making this observation, we shortened leads to 10-15 feet. I have video but am not sure how to post from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Camouflage your weights and they will follow your spoons. 

Wondering if you could see the fish on "traditional" sonar, or only on the panoptix when they were investigating the cannonballs? Also, did shortening the leads trigger the fish? 

The father-in-law had the port side and was running shorter leads and seemed to be getting more bites. I usually set my spoons 20-25 ft back (FF combo 10 ft). Got a couple releases, but not as many as him. After noticing the fish on the rigger weights I shortened up and took more strikes. The weights were black Attomik 15.5 lb torpedo weights. I was also running a free slider, 8 ft (length of rod). I could see it was 20 feet down and there was a 5 ft bow in the line from blow back.