Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Landshark

shanty protection

since a couple of my friends have mouse damage to thier shanties is there a way to protect them when in storage

Mike, first make sure the canvas is good and dry, then brush of any dirt , then the best way is to take the time to take the canvas off the shanty and fold it up and store inside a plastic container and you will have no problems with mice or bug's :bug: just make sure that when you fold it up that none of the widows are folded so they don't get a crease in them and crack when you open it back up and they will last the life of the canvas . I bought mine back in 91 and used it 4-5 days a week and next year i will need to replace the canvas just because it is so old and sun faded, wind wiped and starting to rip but it has lasted me this long so i can't complain .

If you don't want to take the canvas off then just make sure that you close it up with a bunch of dryer sheets in it to keep the mice out and warp up in a tarp to keep the dust and stuff off it and protect the canvas from getting torn if something fall on it .

Hope this helps you .

Thnaks JR I'll load it with dryer sheets and wrap it

Ya might want to throw an ol cat in there while yer at it just to be on the safe side. Make sure you button it up nice & tight. :lol: