Maxwell Shakedown Cruise 3/21

I geared up my Father-in-laws Rowboat for trolling as my 21 ftr is out of commission until I throw a new engine in it.

A couple guys from work were supposed to meet me at 5:00 in Waterloo! :rofl:

So I started making the calls to voicemails around 5:30...Most of you know the drill!

Well at 9:30 Mike Shaw of Kaplan-Shaw.com (A great Blues Musician...terrible fishin buddy!) helped me launch the boat out of the Coast Guard station at Sodus Point. We trolled the mouth of Maxwell banking toward the mouth at a 45 Deg and out again (I don't know the Temp/Depth as my Fish-finder wasn't working because I wired the fuse-box backwards...oops :$ ). We were trolling 2.2 MPH and all hook-ups came going into the mud-line. We went 2/4...the two came off a blue/green Alpeena Diamond off the rigger set 3 ft down and about 50 ft back. We hooked up twice off the planers to have 1 shaker and 1 line-snap.

I must say it was great getting on the water. Saturday was awesome conditions!

Pq2wttp9.jpg

Nick,

Yeah I saw you too...I read your guys' report...That Walleye had to be a blast to reel in!

I'm going to have to pick my days for fishing by wind direction until I get my 21 footer fixed but it is still a blast getting out there!

Keep the Lines Tight!

-Jason