catherine creek

1. has anyone been there recently? how did you do?

2. this will be my first time heading there, where is a good spot to park, and then walk?

3. what are people using for lure? cutbait? live bait? rooster tails? spoons?

any info provided will be greatly appreciated, i intend to head down there the next few days and try for some. FIRST TIMER COMING THROUGH...i hope i can manage some beginners luck!! :rofl:

Well the reason i post here is to help people catch fish. About the only fish left in catherine are suckers and a few 15in or smaller bows.You might catch a late spawner or hopefull male but 99.9% of the spawn is done. Read the reg. book as you mentioned rooster tails they typically have a treble hook which is illagle on that creek sgl.hook only. You would be better off going to the pier in Watkins and casting in the lake as the landlocks are schooling up near there waiting for the baitfish to show. go to www.senecamarine.com and look at lake cam #2 i think and that is the place to go cast from

thanks ray!

i was going to make a trip down there just for some recreational fishing (as i am just a C/R boy), and to just have a day to myself to just relax. i didnt know catherine creek was so decimated.

as for the rooster tail, i knew about that reg (thanks for the reminder though), and prepped accordingly; i got myself some single hook rooster tails at bass pro shops.

have you been to the pier in watkins?

do you know of any other tributaries which might have some good trout fishing action at this time? id be grateful for any tips. im not looking for your personal hole or anything, just some pointers in the general direction. thanks!!