Conesus Lake Update - Bullheads if Interested

Rented a boat tonight (and have tomorrow) on Conesus Lake. The plan was to fish the inlet from a boat rather than fighting with everyone on shore for the 1 good spot.

There were lots of people out. I'm thinking possibly 8-10 groups of people. We arrived around 9PM to the spot (parked right outside where the inlet comes into the lake).

The night was great...stars all out...lake was calm and just a tiny bit chilly.

OOPS - got off track. Well we didn't do that great. From 9-10 they were biting OK, but after 10 they just stopped for us, but did see some others catching one or two here and there.

From what we learned on shore, they were nailing them up until around 8PM (right around time it gets dark now). They did not touch the Chicken Liver tonight, but were rather biting on the tested and true nightcrawler. One of the guys there said he had around 30 in his bucket all caught between 5PM-8PM and then just a couple here and there between 8-10 (maybe 3 between the two of them after 8PM).

We ended up with 2 very small ones in the boat and I mean SMALL. They were both caught right off the bottom on Nightcrawlers. We missed maybe 4-5 more on the bottom and they were biting so soft tonight.

We are going to try tomorrow AM starting from 9AM-???. Will provide another update tomorrow, but expect to have 30 or more during that time from previous experience out there during the day.

SO: If you want to catch these bottom feeders (now they are not Pike/Walleye/Bass...but are fun to catch in huge numbers prior to our opener) try it out. I would not waste your time going at night. This is the 2nd time I've fished at night down there for bullheads and both times it was not productive. However every time I've been down there with a North Wind or No Wind during the day, we just kill them.

Bait to bring: Nightcrawlers, Chicken Liver, and Leeches if you can find them right now. You never know which of the 3 they are going to want that day.