Always a pleasure to get out with my brother in Irondequoit.  We really struggled last year, so it's nice to put any keepers in the boat.

Launched about 6, fished until 10:30.  We set down straightbout of the bay in just over 150 fow, only one other boat out .

We prefer much  worked the 160- 190 fow range for the morning.   Caught a couple teenage kings ( 14 lbs) on a free slider on the 92 foot rigger, so only down 40 feet or so, consideringthe blowback. Most large marks were in the 60 to 80 foot depth.  Also caught a steelhead on cut bait on a dipsy and large paddle out 180.

The mvp was a mag blue dolphin spoon.  A carbon 14 took a couple dink salmon on the 80 foot rigger.  I believe the blue dolphin also took the brown.

Overall, we were 7 for 8. Lost a steelie on a mag wonder bread spoon on 4 colors of lead core fished off an inline planer. He was gone once I was able to release the board.

Surprised we only saw another 4 or 5 boats out. Probably back at it for a few hours Monday morning.  

Good luck and happy 4th of July.

20220702_114637.jpg

• Like 2