Has anyone ever tried using a teaser for lake trout (Hi-Lo rig)

I have a bunch of hi-lo rigs with bucktail teaser hooks for saltwater fishing, just curious has anyone ever used something simmilar for jigging lakers? if so what are your thoughts? 

I was thinking about trying them out next week, 1/2 - 1-1/2oz bucktail with teaser about 1.5' above that. 

Ben 

• Like 1

I know where you are coming from, I fished salt all my life... I have tried teasers when jigging lakers and it just never seemed to help much... Can't say why.but fresh water fish don't react the way salt water fish do... Fresh water fish of all species are less aggressive and more "spooky" than saltwater fish.. Salt water fish hit a teaser often more than the main jig, and sometimes you'll even get doubles..   It doesn't really  work the same way with fresh water fish.. Last time out, I was watching my jig sink toward bottom on the sonar,, and I would jig it once or twice, and there were fish everywhere flying around it, but simply would not hit it, or I would get a  quick little bump and thats it... If those were blues/stripers/weaks/fluke/sea bass/or any other salt water predator, they would  smash it, not swarm around it and then take off.. From my experience. the teaser on a jig in fresh water seems to spook the fish more than entice them to hit/.. Others may disagree and have had better luck... Its just never worked for me in fresh the way it does in salt, so much so that I gave up trying. long ago.... bob

Edited by bulletbob
wrong words
  • Like 1