LiFe Po Batteries??

jj22

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

I had to swap out my existing on board chargers as it wasn’t set up for lithium. I went with a three bank Noco 10amp charger that can do all three types lead acid AGM and lithium. Has worked great.  I do suggest an on board though. 

Ok I get what you're saying but don't you need a 120 volt power supply? I don't have power at my dockage...  I'm looking for a way to charge my lithium battery's from the 18 volt altinator output without causing any problems.....

Mmm yea that’s a tough one.  With the amp draw and the need to recharge those quickly you won’t have enough mmmmf to get the recharged with motoring around with your big motor.  Someone on here might have an alternative solution for you. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Frogger said:

Mmm yea that’s a tough one.  With the amp draw and the need to recharge those quickly you won’t have enough mmmmf to get the recharged with motoring around with your big motor.  Someone on here might have an alternative solution for you. 

Frogger, I can get a small light weight generator to top it off occasionally... Won't useing the 18 Amp altinator prolong battery life when used ipilot while trolling?

I think you’ll get some charge, I’m just not sure if you’ll break even if your at a 3-4 setting while trolling.  I’m sure guys that are using there electrics like your going to do can chime in on how much charge they see while trolling. You’ll also have to be careful wiring as you don’t want your crank battery also used for your trolling motor battery. You would want to keep the system separate for prolonged life. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frogger said:

I think you’ll get some charge, I’m just not sure if you’ll break even if your at a 3-4 setting while trolling.  I’m sure guys that are using there electrics like your going to do can chime in on how much charge they see while trolling. You’ll also have to be careful wiring as you don’t want your crank battery also used for your trolling motor battery. You would want to keep the system separate for prolonged life. 

Thanks again Frogger!🙂 I don't plan on doing anything till I find someone that can with confidence put a system together for me that works.

I hope others chime in with a system that works well for them under the same circumstances. 

• Like 1