Kicker charging trolling batteries

I second the suggestion made by Cody191. Your kicker should always charge the main cranking battery. This is what I have done. I intend in the future to run a line from this battery with an isolator to either my electronic battery or to my trolling batteries. I expect this will have minimal effect because I usually go on short runs in Lake of the Woods. However I have been stranded and never again! Last year we had a famous musky hunter get stranded for 3 days in November in an open boat with daily snow living on bread and peanut butter.

Even on my small boat I always keep a charged jump box, have since day one.  Not one of the little ones but a 1700 amp one. similar price to a battery and it can be used for other things than the boat.  Just extra assurance. Truck could be dead in the trailer lot also.  Appreciate the input on how this can be done. Thank you everyone

https://www.amazon.com/Clore-Automotive-JNC770G-Jump-Starter/dp/B01N7OD9XW/ref=pd_lpo_sccl_3/136-8147654-8663331?pd_rd_w=y5Kip&content-id=amzn1.sym.116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_p=116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_r=K0XG1H5BXH76PNTFH3BN&pd_rd_wg=3xnN7&pd_rd_r=8f666909-0b45-4c3a-b664-5f7e72800059&pd_rd_i=B01N7OD9XW&th=1

Edited by tyler.woodard04

Im surprised that there is this much talk about the need to charge TM batteries.  With the amount of electronics most of us are running, the main house battery should be a bigger concern especially because that starts your main engine.  I have two house batteries in my rig and theyll get under 12v without the kicker charging them in only a few hours if im running everything (2x graphs and 'ducers, radio, fishhawk, charging phone etc)

If you have a 12v battery for the TM, get another.  2x lithium batteries should last a real long time if you have a kicker and use the TM for steering.  Really not much different than a 24v TM other than the 24v likely has a bigger motor and more thrust.  Descent lithium batteries are under $250 for 100ah these days. 

-My 2 cents