Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. A lot of guys I talked to said the hens started nesting late this spring. Hopefully things pick up.
  2. That's because you are not using Gambler Rigs behind your cowbells!
  3. Try to get one at the Oak too!
  4. The DEC wants to cut stocking because the bottom trawls were not good again this spring. Ask your DEC buddy about the bottom trawls.
  5. Too bad you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes John. You can tell them until you are blue in the face that the bait is there but they will not listen to us.
  6. The fishery is going in the direction of a lake trout fishery. Lakers are the future of the Great Lakes. If you don't believe it, you are in for a big surprise. The writing is on the wall. I like the 20lb minimum. The LOC should up the minimum to at least 17lbs.
  7. I don't blame that King. Those perch are tasty!
  8. No lake trout division? That's BS.......
  9. This reminds me of my last boat when it was brand new. I was mounting downriggers and dropped an end wrench and it fell perfectly across both battery terminals! Lots of sparks and smoke from a Brand new outboard that had never seen water! I took it back to the dealer and they replaced every ground wire on the motor!
  10. The lake is flat right now Billy.
  11. Force him to keep it until next year Brian!
  12. My buddy found them East of port and did some kings Sunday morning. They were down in colder water.
  13. There was a patch of water holding kings between the pump house and the Nose Saturday evening. They showed up the last hour of light along with some nice bait pods.
  14. I wish this was for sale a year from now......
  15. Those are called diver docks. You put the diver in them and your leader wraps around them to store them better.
  16. Left the creek at 5:45 and headed West searching for some kings. Trolled from the creek to the nose in 70-95'. Ended up taking a couple decent lakers and one King in the mid teens. The king came on a 200' copper pulling a Froggy glow stinger stingray in 85'.
  17. Paul, Let me know what I can do. With my schedule, I have a lot of free time to pitch in and help.
  18. That's why they are barge stocked. They are offshore away from most predators.
  19. What are you looking for?
  20. Right now they are anywhere from 75 - 180. They were in small pods all over.
  21. Good laker bite and some kings and steelhead starting to show up. 150-230 has been the best water for kings.
×
×
  • Create New...