Those marks are sometimes lakers. I used to fish them out to 220' on the bottom. They could be kings and I have taken some down that deep. White paddles with glow or white meat rigs have been my go to that deep.
If the fingerlakes had a better food source than alewife, Atlantics would do even better than they do in the fingerlakes. Same with lake O. Lake Ontario would pump out giants with a better food source.
The alewife population in Lake Huron crashed. They now have a more diverse diet. I will see if I can dig up the study I read a couple years ago. Thiamine deficiency affects Atlantics more than the other salmonoids stocked in Lake Ontario. There is a high mortality rate in Atlantics on alewife diets.
Studies have proven that Atlantics on an alewife diet will not flourish. I don't understand the square block in a round hole mentality of the DEC and the Feds.
The Rochester Basin is the best area on the lake for consistent colored water. You could launch at the Genesee River or Ibay. IF the Genny is running hard, the mud plume can be miles long along the shoreline.
If you are worried about docks and boat houses being damaged by ice, what is stopping them from getting damaged when the boom breaks or they clear the boom with 250 sq miles of ice still left on Erie? If are worried about damage, you shouldn't build there......
It’s not my video. Just sharing. It makes sense. It’s not natural for the ice to melt behind a man made barrier. That’s common sense. The ice sitting there keeps the Niagara colder longer. If it wasn’t there, the ice would flow downstream into Lake Ontario and melt there.