Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. We had a lamprey stuck on a meat rig on Lake O. NO hooks in the eel,
  2. I have a brake controller that I no longer need. My new truck came with one already installed. Free to a good home.
  3. I Highly doubt it is 24, 30 or 38 years old. The 34.06 we took out of Lake Ontario in 2012 was 27 years old. Like Les posted above, the 29 on Canadiagua was 24 years old. Lakers this far south in their range age a lot faster than the Northern Canadian lakes. Still an awesome fingerlakes laker either way!
  4. From what I hear, yes. I don't know first hand. I have had the same Saltist reels since they came out. One reel the clicker went bad in. It was an easy fix. Other than that, they have been flawless!
  5. I have 24 saltists with line counters. IMO, the counter isn't placed perfect but a little change in the way you hold the rod and its fine. The quality and durability of the old saltists make it tolerable. If you are worried about it, let me know what you want for them!
  6. Depending on the port, you can find kings inside of 120' 90% of the season. Usually the migration starts at the Niagara Bar. Once the water warm, the kings migrate to the Toronto area, along the North shore and along the South shore. Usually in Late July to mid August, fish will start to leave the Canadian waters and head home. You will usually see an influx of mature fish showing up more and more every day. Late August, kings will stage off the port they are going to invade. Then they will be close to the bottom where the thermal cline intersects the bottom. I fish out of Sandy Creek in Hamlin. With the structure we have East and West of port, kings can be found all the time inside unless we have upwellings.
  7. Trout Unlimited, just like the Charter association releases info to their members and the fishing community through social media. In the current economy, neither club will be flying a plane with a banner or sending smoke signals like you are asking. You are complaining about something that is pointless.
  8. Kind of like Trout Unlimited…..
  9. Sold pending payment.
  10. It is posted on Facebook, here, their email list and the website for the charter association. Can't say it's non-existent.
  11. I'm all set with 30's.
  12. I sent you a pm.
  13. If you look online you can see the old data from the state of the lake meetings and the newer format (no meeting). The last one I could find was 2022.
  14. Thanks but I want line counters.
  15. Got any pics of the reel?
  16. TTT
  17. I have had 5 lampreys in 4 trips so far this season. Not the numbers you guys are seeing out East.
  18. I'm looking for some older Daiwa Saltist 20's with line counters in the old style not the new. If anyone has any for sale, let me know.
  19. Being consistent in the trout and salmon game, you need to pay attention to details. Some days those details are very minor but make a world of difference. Take Gator's advise! There are a lot of guys on this site that are willing to help in one way or another! Do you have a speed and temp unit on your boat? IMO, speed and temp units are worth their weight on gold! Last week, small temp breaks were holding fish. If we saw a small temp break, we worked the area and it put a lot of fish in the boat. If you just want to catch fish, laker fishing is a great way to put fish in the boat to keep the kids entertained. They also offer better fishing mid day than the other species.
  20. The DEC stocked browns a couple weeks ago by my work. For over a week, cormorants were pounding the area. Not good!
  21. I fished them Saturday and caught a lot of browns. We just couldn't crack 10lbs. Saturday was the first day the inside waters looked good off Sandy for the entire derby. Good king bite definitely attributed to less brown fishing. I didn't see a boat fishing browns in the 4 days I fished in the derby. Last year like this year was a warmer than normal winter and two years in a row the brown fishing was not normal during the LOC. Hmm. On a good note, the browns I cut on Saturday, they were loaded with gobies and 3-4" alewife.
  22. Browns stay close to shore all season. As the lake warms, browns find where 62ish degree water intersects the bottom. They stay in that zone no matter how deep it goes. Steelhead roam the open waters of the lake usually in or above the thermal cline. Kings will roam all over in all water temps.
×
×
  • Create New...