Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Awesome tank man! [ Post made via Android ]
  2. Accident Ray. Slipped.
  3. Soooooooo 3 weeks ago I buy my Dad a much needed upgrade of a Parker bow because of all the work he has done on the boat. I find a great deal on a clearance Parker bow that shoots 320 and he can draw back less pounds because of his shoulder. I'm excited to give it to him and drive right out to Brockport. He's happier than a pig in s$!t. He pulls the bow back and can't believe how 80% let off feels on his shoulder. Then for some reason I decide to draw it back and SNAP! It slipped out of my f@#$%ing fingers. The string jumps off a pully and the pully is slightly bent. I'm feeling real good now. He takes it right in to Gander Mt. to get it fixed, have it fitted to him and buy new arrows n such. The guy tells him he need to order a new pully and it would take about 2-3 weeks because of HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET A REQUEST OUT THE FRONT DOOR! Monday it will be 3 weeks and since whoever it is that does the work in there only works about 2 days it seems, it may not even be done by the time archery season ends! If I would of just gone to a regular archery shop and paid a little more, that pully would have been there in 3 days and it would have been worked on immediatly. I'm pissed at myself for one and Gander also. Now I feel horrible for my Dad that put all that work into the boat and never asked for anything in return. In conclussion, I f@#$%ed up in 2 ways: buying a bow at Gander and accidently dry firing his bow. Please, don't make my mistake and get your equipment from a archery shop and NOT at a big box store. Sorry, just venting. I feel better now.lol
  4. Super story! Thanks for sharing. [ Post made via Android ]
  5. I was waiting for this comment.lol [ Post made via Android ]
  6. Sweet! [ Post made via Android ]
  7. Steve, guess what? The day I went to Seneca with you and gator, you caught just as many as me! Lmao! [ Post made via Android ]
  8. Finally had time to get out for a few hours Friday evening and shot this 8pt at dusk. I didn't even get out before the season to check my stands or deer activity, so when I got out there I took a stand that had a fresh scrape about 30 yards away. I hit him a little high, but had plenty of blood. Looked for him till 10pm. Recovered him the next morning. Gonna do a little fall fishing and duck hunting that doesn't normally happen.
  9. Great job!
  10. Yup Big Game here. 15# though and zero issues.
  11. Otters are expensive!
  12. Getting closer! [ Post made via Android ]
  13. Hardware store spray paint always worked for me. [ Post made via Android ]
  14. Tom, are those low entry tournies on your end fished out of any port? If you can, then that is probobly why entries are higher in those events. If the pro ams go back to how it was 10 years ago, I think you and I agree that entries would go upward at a decent pace. [ Post made via Android ]
  15. Something in my gut told me that was B.S., but I didn't want to be "that guy" and call him out. What a boob.
  16. I currently have a guy interested in the mag 20. Marlin is available and maybe the 20 if it doesnt sell. [ Post made via Android ]
  17. Bump [ Post made via Android ]
  18. Yes [ Post made via Android ]
  19. I smoked 2 one gallon bags of salmon with bobs brine and it is a huge hit to say the least! Thank you bob! Too bad I only have 1 gallon of fillet's left to smoke. fyi: I used concentrated apple juice and the hot sauce I used was "red hot". I have never eaten smoked fish this good. [ Post made via Android ]
  20. Great read! As for the bouy, always double the wave height that it's reporting . [ Post made via Android ]
  21. I do, the Walkers go a touch deeper and no fumbling with a ring. If I go real deep, I use the lur jenson mag divers.
  22. I use womens deodorant and crest tooth paste for my body every day. On the days I hunt Ill immediately spray myself down with that 99% scent free stuff after I get off my atv. As you can tell, I don't take it as serious as you guys do, but Ill soak myself down pretty good with that spray. I see plenty of deer and haven't noticed any spooking from me. My antler collection is pretty big to prove at least to myself that the time it takes to go through all the extra steps isn't worth it for me. I also, pass quite a bit of gas in my stand also.lol [ Post made via Android ]
  23. Keith, maybe since our Sandy Creek Shootout is only a $100 entry fee, we should get rid of the spread sheet and go to crayons. Nice logic landshark. [ Post made via Android ]
  24. Ok...... [ Post made via Android ]
×
×
  • Create New...