Jump to content

BRsnow

Members
  • Posts

    363
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BRsnow

  1. thanks, fished forever on a 15 footer and use a kayak now, so I don’t need to go that big. Plus I wan it to fit in the garage.
  2. I am good with riveted or welded, just do want loose rivets or counsels cracking right away. The reviews for new boats have been concerning.
  3. Hi, looking at picking up a 16-17 foot boat, Lund rebel, alumacraft classic, crest liner fish hawk 1650. Haven’t boat in some time, previous Lund was 1982 and was a tank. All the research I find on web suggests the quality is poor on new boats. Being in Colorado I won’t have access prior for the most part. Any experience with the newer boats or suggestions of best quality theses day? Appreciate it.
  4. I am no longer considering them. You could also send a link to this thread to them.
  5. Finally getting around to boat set up. Lund track system on an adventure is thin, using Scotty 1106b and 10lb shark weights , using the track system I need to be careful with putting too much pressure. I mostly fish inland with 10lb weights, with a few salmon trips mixed in. I wa thinking 36-48” boom at angle would put less pressure and still get a good spread, only running 2 downriggers. If it does work, I can mount a rail flush on boat but prefer to try track system first. With be a 30” track mount on the rail, appreciate the insights.
  6. Thank you, look forward to the feed back.
  7. Hi, have you been using these? Curious on their quality and performance compared to the originals? They look really nice. Thank you
  8. Hi, I have never used them, but think based on reliability and not powering while lowering they might fit my need. I would be running 2 off a 17 foot 87” beam boat. Are they that much bigger than cannon or big Jon? Appreciate the insights
  9. Hi, is anyone running one of these? Seems you can get an alternator and also remote controls. Just curious on vibration with a single cylinder. Want to put a kicker on a 2022 Lund 1650 XL sport, but think the pro kicker might be too large/heavy. Thank you
  10. Both for 390.00 shipped in US. Thank you
  11. They are non line counters. I believe they are sold to @Sanitarium pending payment. Thank you
  12. Both shipped in USA for $295.00 thank you
  13. I have 2 of the new models, new in the box I would sell. If interested let me know. Thank you
  14. Thank you, that is really helpful
  15. Thank you, what bags are you using?
  16. I prefer to not add a kicker to my boat, was curious if I pilot trolling motor works with bags. Currently use trolling motor as auto pilot. 17 foot boat. Thank you
  17. Crazy how times have changed we weighted in a bigger fish back in the day and it didn’t make the board. The MI fish gives hope the true giants are still out there.
  18. Does anyone make an 8lb in either model? I realize heavier is better, but 8lb will work for what I need and figure if I can get the most efficient design the better. Plan to run them on 150lb braid. Any heavier and I have to mount the downriggers different. Trying to use track mounts. IThank you
  19. Cut the hooks, we do it all the time with Muskie, should a breeze with little salmon hooks. With less stocking and rearing pens seems the little ones become more important.
  20. Thank you, appreciate it
  21. Having been out of the game for 20 years or so, I can see some newer techniques and certainly heavier line. Back in the day we landed salmon up to 42lbs (our best) with 12lb-17lb line. I understand the fleas and such, was curious if the big kings are still fun with 30-40lb line?
  22. Thank you, can you use the Willis knot with stealth?
  23. Hi, I can’t seem to get the reel capacity calculators to work or find via a search, so I was curious if anyone knew approximately how much 30lb original fused fire line I need for backing with standard 27lb leadedore/leader. Really appreciate it. I am open to other backing as well if preferred, already have the fire line. Appreciate the help.
  24. Thank you. If you wanted to run one on the rigger with 2-3 colors will these rods work?
  25. Thank you, I am in no hurry and hope he has a quick and easy recovery.
×
×
  • Create New...