fair haven trip

i sure could use some help . we have been fishing out of fair haven for years now . the only time i can get time to fish there is always memorial weekend . i have a 19 foot fishing boat with planners and down riggers . but never seem to catch but one or two browns . am i fishing too late in the season or just not doing something right . any advise would be helpful .

thanks

By that time of year you should be looking a little further offshore in the 100-300ft range. I would think that planer board season would be over by then unless you head really deep and troll for steelhead in the thermal bars. Even then you are going to need leadcore or cooper to get down to the fish. Good luck

Your only concern will be the wind....Browns are within 50' depth...temperature, speed ,presentation is the key..for us it has been a spoon bite....Stingers in glow purple alewive, Jons Goby, Dreamweaver Frogies, & chicken wing...Been VERY productive....We fish East of you but....can't be that differant.....Good Luck & BE SAFE out there....LOTS of Bait around....Mr. King is here as well!!!........................captd

Stop in at Screwy Louies and ask them what would be a good depth to find the browns. Also, ask at the boat launch for advise on where to fish for browns.

Billy V has a good article on his website on fishing spring browns. There is a lot of good advise in the article such as lure selection, line size, etc. http://www.billyvsportfishing.com/Tips___Techniques.php

I'll be fishing Fairhaven this weekend but if the kings are still there, I'll be going after them. Good luck!

Brian